There is always more to learn and this session is designed for owners and dogs who enjoy training and challenging themselves to achieve more!
This course will be run weekly with a 3 week rotation cycle - Heelwork to Music/Trick Training; Rally/Obedience Trining and Scentwork Skills/Enrichment
Heelwork to Music / Trick Training Weeks
Rally / Obedience Weeks
- heelwork in various positions (left, riight, forwards, backwards, infront, behind etc)
- training tricks on visual and verbal cue
- music choice and interpretation
- sequencing behaviours
- speed trick training
Scentwork / Enrichment Weeks
- heelwork on left and right
- various turns on and off the lead
- waiting in various positions
- distance control
- learning to recognise specific odours
- searching for scent items
- ways to encorporate scent work into day to day life
- enrichment puzzles and games
- how to make the most of household items for enrichment
In order to attend this session, your dog will need to be able to demonstrate a reasonable ability on and off the lead and have a willingness to learn different skills.
During the course you have the opportunity to ask to be assessed for Level 3, 4 and 5 of the CDT Achievement Awards free of charge, which includes training some of the behaviours covered in classes and canine knowledge.
DUE TO OTHER PREVIOUS COMMITMENTS, THIS SESSION WILL INITIALLY BE RUN AT THE LATER START TIME OF 7.30PM, BUT AFTER 7TH NOVEMBER, WE INTEND TO MOVE THIS SESSION FORWARD TO 7PM. ALL SESSIONS WILL BE FOR 60 MINUTES.
We encourage all clients to join the dedicated Client only facebook page - CDT Clients Group - Puppy, Bronze, Silver, Gold, 121s which contains various useful resources https://www.facebook.com/groups/618303232097410.
No reviews were found.